Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Present

My Christmas card a few years ago when I was
into Punk Rock Angels.
Block print by Phillip Hoyle
For the next few days I’ll be looking at and working on designs, simplifications, and abstract of things seen and felt this year in order to get my next year's Christmas card underway. I want to do this while the spirit of Christmas is still strong in me. Actually the sentiment of Peace on Earth is at the core of the Christmas vision. It works all year long. for me, the spirit of Christmas is the festive feeling fostered by all the decorations, brisk winter air, seasonal music, parties, and so forth. Oh, I didn’t mean to leave out shopping for gifts.

I’m hoping in the next three days to make something of that! I think I’ll experiment with my designs by making Artist Trading Cards that I will make today and tomorrow and trade on Tuesday night. Of course, I’ll make copies of them for reference! Guess I’ll also post them next Monday—on the fifth day of Christmas as in the old liturgical calendar and the current Christmas popular song.

We’re keeping the tree and decorations up a few extra days due to out-of-town visitors and the Denver tradition to keep holiday lights burning through the National Western Stock Show. Maybe I’ll get these things done after all. It’s my hope but certainly not an old year’s resolution.

Hope your holiday is bright and artful.

Denver, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment