Monday, February 9, 2015

Owls to Trade


ARTIST TRADING CARDS

Coming up this Saturday 
Another card swap
at CORE New Art Space
in Santa Fe Art District
DENVER


Topic: OWLS


I've had many thoughts.
     When I was a kid we called Dad an owl.
     Bought him owl things.
          (So many adult males are difficult to buy presents for)
     So I have an owl in my background.
     Saw an owl on the neighbor's fence.
     Surprised by an owl that on a dark Kansas night
     Swooped up over our windshield.

     So I drew some owls last week.

These are my serious owls. I also drew some goofy ones but didn't
get a good photo.

     This weekend I cut blocks and printed some owls as a tribute to American Indians and far north Eskimos.

I enjoyed printing these on different kinds
of paper.

I still have a set of nine torn-paper collages to complete before next Saturday. I feel good about this group of OWLS. May my owls be as interesting as my Dad's music was accurate and beautiful.

Have fun with YOUR artwork this week.

Denver, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment