Monday, October 19, 2015

Art Journal

Journal page Missouri Petroglyphs by Phillip Hoyle
Even though I write almost every day and almost always jot down something about art (an idea, a reflection upon seeing an art display, even some kind of analysis or quote related to a book I'm reading), I have a difficult time getting to my art journals to write anything. Some months ago I wrote about an art journal that focuses on images, ideas, experiences, and other matters related to Colorado petroglyphs. Beginning that art journal was meant to keep me working in small art forms and keeping a written record of my feelings and work as well. I've painted petroglyphs as it were a dozen years. I still mess with those designs. I affirm that it's better to keep working them as compared with writing about them. 


Art Journal page by Phillip Hoyle

I started a second art journal about petroglyphs in Missouri. I've been even more neglegent in relation to keeping it up to date. Oh well. I have many plans. Always have! Many, many more than I can ever imagine fulfilling. I'm showing just a few things from the Missouri art journal. My other Missouri art is related to flora, not petroglyphs. 

In the meantime I'm fixing more Artist Trading Cards to trade late next week. Hope I get all of these things done.

Denver, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment