Monday, November 2, 2015

Dreams

Mechanical Dreams ATCs by Phillip Hoyle
These could be studies in line, blue and orange. I took the photos of
my very mechanical as well as artistic son's tractor engine, at least I think
that is what I was photographing.
I added pieces of colored transparent acetate.

An upcoming ATC topic is taking me into the world of dreams. I’ve had some, actually quite a few. This I recall because most mornings I write several pages of whatever I may think of and that sometimes includes dream images and actions I recall upon awakening. I know I dream a lot more than I can recall. I have conscious dreams as well. For instance, I loved my grandpa Pink, as we kids called him, a farmer in Kansas. I loved his tractor and loved riding on the tractor with him. I got an idea about dreams, in this case conscious dreams, mechanical dreams, especially since I have never thought about myself as being mechanical. But I can dream of it and did.

My eldest sister, who I always thought rated high on the mechanical scale, said a couple of years ago she was amazed when as a boy I took apart an old clock at our grandparents’ house and then put it back together. She could never think of doing that. Well, whatever childhood or adult perceptions may be, I have no memory of any such 
event. I do like to watch clock gears working but can’t imagine I fixed anything!

At least I can make these tiny art pieces out of such dreams.

Happy dreams to you this week. I’ll have more to show in a couple of weeks.

Denver 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment