Monday, December 28, 2015

Art at Year's End


I worked hard to make fifty Christmas Cards and soon after completing them realized I should have made seventy or a hundred! I learned a lot in the process that combined monoprints with enhancements by Prisma Color and paint. Fun work that next year, I promise myself, I won’t put off so long nor approach my holiday projects in such a conservative manner. Of course I don’t know what I’ll be doing next year although it may include a trip to Mid-Missouri to spend the year-end holiday with my children and grandchildren. Que sera, sera, I sing. 

I was pleased with the cards I made and with the many, many Artist Trading Cards I made at the same time. I’ve kept at that production to make ready for two trades in January. One set is done; the other awaits a real idea! Oh well, that’s the way so much art goes, certainly my own.

I watch January’s approach wondering what cards I will make that first week for the second Saturday trade. I’m sure something will occur to me to make cards I’d be happy to trade! I’m sure you will see some of the next week. Promises… promises…

I’m not much for making New Year’s resolutions and probably will not bother myself to make any now. I do know I’ll make several hundred Artist Trading Cards, will make many mixed media pieces, revisit my petroglyphs in new ways, keep art journals as well as my regular writing journal, write many stories about my life (my weekly challenge for the story telling group I lead), finish the manuscript I’m currently writing about a relationship I had with Rafael Martinez back in 2002, and draw a lot of plants and flowers to use for general cards.

It sounds like a busy year with many new things to discover. I will also give a lot of attention to art printing from lino- and wood-blocks. Wish me well. I wish you a happy new year!

Denver, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment