Monday, November 7, 2016

Writing, Writing, Writing

12-year old Phillip in photo for BSA month celebrating
the American Indian subtext of Scout life. It was the
front page spread in February, scouting month and
shows my Indian costumes recalling all the fun we had
camping out there on the creek while working at home
in the city dreaming. 
I'm writing a lot these days, so much as to bite seriously into my art studio time. Still, I consider writing one of my arts so I am taking advantage of a Writers Workshop being held just two blocks from the house. My topic relates to my childhood and its fantasies and values related to my Grandparents' farm out on Clarks Creek south east of Junction City, KS where I grew up.

The place fostered plenty of images for my boyhood, ones that related to place, family stories, Boy Scout outings, and hours of reading books from the public library. I was a youngster serious about his fantasies. Now I'm an old man still serious about them but now as topics and stories to be written. And I admit, I still sometimes work with feathers and glue as I do mixed media pieces of art.

Denver 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment