Monday, November 27, 2017

Christmas Spirit Artist Trading Cards

Holly and Ivy Design for Christmas Cards
Phillip Hoyle 2017

As soon as Halloween was done I started to work on--the thinking part of artwork--a Christmas design I could use on a card. I decided I'd again do a Holly and Ivy design after the old song but one that would contrast with another one I'd done years ago and contrast with the kind of printing I have done the past two years. I returned to relief printing and looked at leaves I have collected and pressed and consulted Google. Eventually drew and decided to cut it on a soft tile.

I needed at least forty cards and decided also to make a few other prints. So around the preparations for Thanksgiving I cut and began to print. I also made quite a few Artist Trading Cards from the design, able to get two cards from each printing. 

Christmas Cards 2017

I'm looking through assorted frames for me other prints on contrasting backgrounds. 

Print on previously prepared bubble print
Phillip Hoyle, 2017

Merry art making for a merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment