Monday, May 28, 2018

Artist Trading Cards: The Eyes Have It

Eyes ATC, Phillip Hoyle 2018


A few months ago (or was it a year or so?) I collected some photos of faces with a variety of expressions from some old magazines given me by a friend. I thought of them when “Eyes” came up as the ATC topic. Luckily I found the folder and in a couple of hours made eighteen cards. I collaged them onto grounds made from old paintings adding a few lines. I was pleased. The cards traded quickly.


Eyes ATC, Phillip Hoyle 2018



Sometimes I wish I could show the pieces I traded for, but perhaps they are in someone else’s blog. I do keep them in books sorted by artists, collections that serve as inspiration for my art. They are my own art galleries to visit when the weather is bad.




Eyes ATC, Phillip Hoyle 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment