Monday, July 16, 2018

Artist Trading Cards Favorite Colors

Red and Black are my favorite color combination.
Two collages, Phillip Hoyle 2018

All my life long I've loved red. I called it my favorite color. I fondly recall a red sport coat, red crayons, a red cap, and several red shirts. I don't recall wearing red slacks, at least not bright red. Perhaps I'm just too shy. 

When I began doing artwork seriously, I gave an important part to the color. It often worked as an accent. With Artist Trading Cards red serves as a background or often as a main color. And through the work with ATCs I have realized how much I like red and black together. 


I didn't really mean to repeat the left image but am away from my printer.
Anyway, you get the drift.
Phillip Hoyle 2018

Last weekend, July 13-15, I had three pages (9 images each) in the Denver County Fair Art Show. All 27 pieces were made since last year's show. The Fair was located at the Denver Stock Show Exhibition Hall. The art is fine and varied; the displays engaging. One of my pages won the Green Ribbon due to my using all recycled products. 


No comments:

Post a Comment