Monday, October 13, 2014

Spider Mania



Spider ATC by Phillip Hoyle
Perhaps I am just trying to emulate the enthusiasm of some of the artists I hang around with, but I found myself making more preparations for Halloween Artist Trading Card swaps. In addition to the spiders I made last week, I have made even more. These critters are on orange grounds made from photographs of shadows of fall plants as they appeared one night on the sidewalks in my neighborhood. The street lamps cast an orange glow. I added spiders! Don't get scared or have spider dreams.


Spider ATC by Phillip Hoyle
I drew spiders and then added a clear coat to their bodies to give them depth and a creepier look. I think it added just what I wanted. At Saturday's ATC swap several people thought the spiders were stickers I had put on the cards. I explained that they were drawings with a spot of shiny! I traded all 18 of the spiders on orange! I was pleased; also I am enjoying the many cards I brought home from the trade.
Spider ATC by Phillip Hoyle



Spider ATC by Phillip Hoyle


Spider ATC by Phillip Hoyle

I also traded all but two of my black and white spiders. (See some of them in last week's post.)

Halloween is coming; get your costume ready. I, too, will be busy because I am proposing more sheets of spiders, these as Sci-Fi characters.

Denver, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment