Monday, May 25, 2015

A Day Late and Quite a Few Dollars Short

I'm back from my Mid-Missouri trip during which I spent time in a semi-retreat and more time in family matters including graduations, parties, meals, seeing old friends, and much more. I drank lots and lots of coffee, so much really fine coffees and espressos I could barely stomach the breakfast coffee here at home in Denver. Oh well ... I'm back and getting back to work on my many art-related projects.

I hiked in prairies with my son and daughter-in-law one afternoon. Eventually the green grass turned into green poison ivy. Fortunately none of us got the itch. I also drew sketches of many Missouri native flowers and made a good start on a rather complex writing project about a challenging year of my life. I'm so pleased to have quite a few pages of writing and even more of drawings, both of which I will draw on in the next months.

I also found a surprise project. When stuck at a motel without my writing notebook, I grabbed a map from a display and wrote my regular pages on it. The Kansas City map led me down pathways from back in my early teen years until just two weeks ago. So with my pen I traced story after story--fourteen in all--and before I left Missouri last week I transcribed them all in a Word Processor file. I suppose they will guide me into even more stories.

In all, I had a great time with my ex-wife, son and his family, daughter and her family, and a large constellation of friends and acquaintances that surround them. And I am glad to be back in the city. After all, I have Artist Trading Cards to make and trade later this week and next week new stories to tell.

Artistically speaking, do something beautiful.

Denver, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment