Monday, September 21, 2015

ATC by Phillip Hoyle, September 2015
I made several ATCs from scraps left over from some GELLI monoprints I had used for another purpose. The ATC group where I am going to trade them meets in the studios and galleries of one of the world’s most interesting dumpster divers who is also a rather well known artist. You can find interesting videos and comments about Jerry Simpson on You Tube and elsewhere online. His compound of buildings is in itself a work of art as well as is his extensive orderly storage system. His place inspires the use of found objects for re-purposing, up-purposing, and transforming from trash to art. 

ATCs by Phillip Hoyle, September 2015


I couldn’t easily throw away the trimmings I used due to their brilliant and deep colors. The paint made by Golden, their Open Acrylics, makes a bold impression. I’ve used what they package as Modern Colors: Hansa Yellow Opaque, Pyrrole Red, Phthalo Blue (Green Shade) Quinacridone Magenta, Phthalo Green (Blue Shade), and Titanium White. I also used a white Jelly pen.

Thanks for the comments on last week’s posting of the Claret Cup Cactus. I framed it this week and am very happy with the results. I’m sure there will be more cacti showing up before long!

Denver, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment