Monday, September 28, 2015

Found Objects


Leaf Print ATCs by Phillip Hoyle
Each card 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"


I found some objects, namely leaves and some paper I had saved for the occasion of making Artist Trading Cards to this theme. The paper I saved when we dismantled the ATC booth at Denver County Fair in August. The table covering had marks from watercolor pens, pencils, blotches of paint, notes people had written for fun (?), an odd assortment of designs, scratches, scrapes, and colors that I knew I should save. Then a month later, this topic was chosen for a theme. 

I printed leaves on the paper, then used a very fine pen to clarify some edges and add a few details that didn't want to print. I did even more by saving the leaves I printed and use them as collage details for more cards. It was an enjoyable project and I learned a lot about the techniques and accidents of plant prints I tried to make the most of my accidents. Besides that, I enjoyed our trade last Thursday evening at Jerry Simpson's studio. 

Denver, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment