Monday, March 7, 2016

Artist Trading Cards Asian Inspired


Japanese Inspired ATCs by Phillip Hoyle 2016

The topic/cue for an upcoming  Artist Trading Cards swap took me in several directions. My favorite was into a simulated Japanese world of greens and screens. I added some words from a poem (although I don't know what they mean) and feel pretty good about the outcome. Not being Japanese I don't vouch for the authenticity, but I really did enjoy the work.

Now I look forward to see what other artists will make and am ready to trade. I am always amazed at the quality of the work shared in this tiny medium!


More cards and mood. Phillip Hoyle 2016

But I still have a problem. The Asian inspired trade is scheduled at the end of the month. I need quite a few cards for Saturday's trade at CORE New Art Space. I'll have to get to work right away on another topic! Something about magic which I really don't believe in. Oh well. Long live art and imagination.


Denver, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment