Monday, April 11, 2016

Artist Trading Cards on Geography

ATCs from painted maps and collage of details from old etchings.
Phillip Hoyle 2016

The geography theme at CORE New Art Space trade yesterday seemed to work well for just about everyone. quite a few artists featured maps in their work, I included. I collected ATCs with road maps, city street maps, nautical maps, and pirate treasure maps. By contrast, one prolific artist brought a group of over 200 ATCs--cartoon drawings of great variety and imagination. the artists who gather always amuse and by their work stretch my imagination.

ATCs with map and photographic cutouts collaged.
Phillip Hoyle 2016

My ATCs were mostly of Colorado border lands: the CO/NEB border, the CO/WYO border, the
CO/UT border, the CO/NM border, and the four corners area CO/NM/AZ/UT. In all I was pleased with the trades. Saturday's time was great fun with good relationships, and satisfying artistic challenges.

Denver 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment