Monday, April 4, 2016

Birthday Cards

Birthday cards by Phillip Hoyle 2016
I spent many hours last week making enough birthday cards for my family and friends, ones I can send throughout the coming year. My impetus was not to miss any having just missed sending any during March. So I got out quite a few Artist Trading Cards of florals with the intention of copying them and sending them to everyone on my birthday card list! I chose to use bright colors and am pleased that I got them done on April 1. That is not quite accurate. I made the cards, signed the backs of them (all Flora ... P. Hoyle), but have yet to address them. 

One of my favorites. Wonder who to send it
to. Card by Phillip Hoyle. Photo copy
mounted on card stock, black ink border

I got the idea from a late friend who addressed all of her upcoming year's cards soon after Christmas was over. She had a place to find them and wrote a few words before dropping them into the mailbox. In February I saw that my ex-wife had adopted the same system and decided it was one I, too, should follow. Some eight weeks later, I have begun the project. I like being organized, and staying organized is something I have had little luck at sustaining. Wish me well! 

My very favorite; at least today. Wonder who will
receive it.
Card by Phillip Hoyle 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment