Monday, October 2, 2017

Artist Trading Card Collages

This Gorgon ATC is kind of creepy, a foretaste
of Halloween that is coming up pretty fast!
ATC collage, 2017

At last week's ATC workshop I traded all my fetish cards and then set out to make enough new cards to trade with each person there. I completed just enough to bring one home, this lovely figure that incorporates part of an ancient Roman carving with a photo of a plastic woven screen. Well juxtaposition is one of the values of many approaches to collage. The figure seems truly odd to me.

I made a dozen new ones at the workshop and enjoyed the good feelings of being together with friends I've known for several years as well as ones I haven't got to know so well. Working together with other artists stimulates one to do their best work even when the pressure is on, or especially because the time is slipping by and you still have five more cards to complete. 

The cards I made last Thursday
ATCs by Phillip Hoyle 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment