Monday, September 10, 2018

Artist Trading Cards for Fall

Prints of oak leaves cut out and collaged onto an older print
L. pinoak, R. probably burr oak
Phillip Hoyle 2018



My thoughts have turned toward fall. The end of summer and early fall I gather leaves for printing. The days are shortening. In Colorado aspen leaves at high elevations are showing off their gold. Here in town trees are tired of the near drought summer. 

Pinoak print collaged onto another print
Phillip Hoyle 2018
The seasons do change. I find myself thinking of new ideas and having more energy to work since the evenings are cooler. I've been writing and was pleased when I quit re-writing my current projects and put them aside to age. So here I am going crazy with leaf prints in ATCs and other larger prints. I like when I get artistically productive. It's like fall is my spring. 

I've begun more ATCs related to leaves. Some are turning out very nice. I especially like when I use good quality print paper. Then the technique is most satisfying. 


Nothing like a falling leaf for fall.
Phillip Hoyle, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment