Monday, April 6, 2015

My Favorite Color




RED is my favorite color. It has been so since as far back as I can remember. Perhaps we were asked to tell what was our favorite color in some elementary school class. I don't recall, but I do remember a red sports coat I wore in seventh grade and recall telling people all my life that red was my favorite color.

The hue shows up in a lot of my artwork. One perceptive artist in the Artist Trading Cards groups I attend knows that about my work. So he was pleased when he saw a group of nine cards--white backgrounds with red printing and black drawing on them. He took two of those cards. I replaced them so I still have nine cards to show trade. 

I'll be taking them to a trade at CORE New Art Space in the Santa Fe Street arts district on Saturday.

Denver, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment