Monday, April 27, 2015

Artist Trading Cards


Some of my "Orange" cards.
ATCs by Phillip Hoyle

Orange was the theme for Thursday night's Swap, Make, and Swap Some More session. I wondered what I would do and opted for the color orange. Eventually I decided to do some florals. (I know the illustrations here may look red, but in reality they are orange and red orange.) I took two pages of orange flowers (18 ATCs) and another of mixed colors (blues and purples). The trade was great fun as always.


Cards with "Words and Letters"
ATCs by Phillip Hoyle


In a couple of week there will be another trade at CORE New Art Space in the Santa Fe Arts District (always the second Saturday of the month, 10-12 noon). The topic for that session is Words and Letters. I've completed three pages of cards, one of which is shown here. Messing with such graphics is one of my big buzzes in the ATC world. I had fun but I won't be able to trade since I will be out of town. I'm sure I'll find someone to trade with later.

I keep discovering new ideas through making these trading cards. They serve me as a low cost, slight use of materials and supplies way to experiment. Give them a try; make baseball size cards 3 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches. Check on line for artist trading cards to see what's happening around Denver and all over the world. You'll be amazed. Make some and come and trade with other artists. 

Denver, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment