Monday, April 20, 2015

The Printer's Edition


If you squint you can make out the
signature and numbering.
Prints by Phillip Hoyle
I finally did it, completed a goal I didn’t even know I entertained. Sometimes I am modest to a fault. Now I have printed a numbered edition of 12 prints of the trees I showed about three weeks ago. I have gone so far as to sign and number them.

Now it’s on to Artist Trading Cards. Two topics are coming up fast: ‘Orange’ and ‘Words and Letters’. The first reminds me of the orange paint a grandson picked for a group of paintings we were doing together. I thought I hated the color until I started working with it and watching him do likewise. I still don’t often grab for the orange but guess I had better do so soon.

On the other hand, Words and Letters seems perfectly suited to my work. I’m making some tiny weavings with pages from books and newspapers in different languages. I will also make several figures using letters as the structure for the designs. I haven’t quite decided whether to do people, animals, plants, or abstracts. Guess we’ll have to wait until next week to see if I have come up with anything.

In the meantime I am sure to play around with many ideas.

Of course, the greatest accomplishment of my week was to file my income taxes on time. I’m pleased.

April 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment