Monday, August 3, 2015

Denver County Fair 2015

Yours truly trapped like a fly in a spider's web so enthused I was at the fair.
I'm posting some photos taken at the Denver County Fair this past weekend. I'm adding just a little comment hoping you might get some of the flavor of the event in its fifth year. I look forward to next year's event. Attending the fair was great fun, a time of activities, entertainment, rides, contests, with both common and unusual people, and so much more.


Hundreds of visitors visited the art gallery where among other art were
several Artist Trading Cards.
On Wednesday I went to the fair to enter my Artist Trading Card pages and one mixed media print with collage. On Thursday I went back to help set up the booth for making Artist Trading Cards. I also assisted hanging the ATCs in a section of the Art Gallery.


I entered three pages of single cards, each card a separate piece of art: two pages of florals and one page of drums. 

My newest page of florals was prepared specifically for the show. The backgrounds were made as monoprints using a Gelli printing plate. I finished them by drawing with various pens rather abstract flowers that don't show up so well in this photo. 


The ATC Pavilion where adults, teens and children spent time making Artist Trading Cards. I felt lucky to get
to talk with people of all ages while we made cards together. Interesting people; very interesting cards.

I visited the fair with a friend on Friday. We looked at many entries--traditional things like baked goods, candies, quilts, and knitting. We also enjoyed Peeps displays, the Geek Pavilion, the Cat Pavilion, and many people we got to talk with. Food was good. Special shows entertained. I'm pleased and plan to return next summer. Plan to join me.


'Old Grizzly' was my entry to the mixed media portion of the show. It is a
monoprint with collaged map with a bear relief print mounted  with glue.


No comments:

Post a Comment