Monday, January 25, 2016

Art Journal Complete

Art Journal by Phillip Hoyle 2016
I finished my art journal last week and am pleased with the work in it and its completion. I show here a few more photos of the pages from the journal.

As I worked in it, I realized I wanted to combine artwork with a personal narrative yet without words. I’ll not now write a book about the ideas but simply enjoy the less specific content of visual images rather than word pictures. That’s a push for me.

A personal addition to the journal.
Art Journal by Phillip Hoyle 2016
I feel satisfied with this book without words. It tells a story of my long-time fascination with Native American experience generally and with petroglyphs specifically. Such images have informed much of my artwork for almost forty years.

A word of thanks here for the encouragement of my artist friend Sue. She challenged me to do the project and has cheered me on during my weeks of work. Also, THANKS to my blog readers who have commented. Say more if you will!

The final journal entry of nearly forty images.
Art Journal by Phillip Hoyle 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment