Monday, May 9, 2016

Back to Art Work: New Artist Trading Cards


Colorado Flora Artist Trading Cards
Phillip Hoyle 2016

Due to a terrible combination of a cold, seasonal allergies, and who knows what all, I did not make my trip to Missouri last week. I haven’t been walking around prairies and forests of Mid-MO to draw plants. Since I promised something, though, I did make four ATC cards of Colorado wildflowers. Actually they represent the only artwork I have accomplished in the past four weeks—the longest stretch of not doing the work (the work of art) I have had in years and years.

I went to work and made some rather interesting cards with rather interesting results. At least I think so!

I am quite a bit better and am making a modest comeback into the world of flora art working on mono-print backgrounds with an assortment of pens and Prismacolor pencils. I have many other plans for projects and hope I continue my recovery. Who knows what will happen.

Then, before long, I’ll have to take up family responsibilities and see what’s happening in Missouri.

I hope you have a good week. Do something artful or at least artsy.

Colorado wildflowers
Artist Trading Cards Phillip Hoyle 2016

Denver 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment