Monday, May 30, 2016

Artist Trading Cards of Tape


Add caption
Last Thursday I enjoyed a wonderful evening in the studio of Jerry Simpson at an Artist Trading Card "Trade 'em; Make 'em and Trade 'em." Well something like that. The evening began with trades of cards made with tape. I used tape to make print plates which I then printed onto printing paper. Then I collaged various other things into the result. Pictured are three cards that I called "Taped Music" that used cutouts from an old German hymnbook. 

Other people showed once again the vast world of ideas and applications. I traded my cards for others make from tape. Some used commercial tapes simply but artistically taped to the cards. Others were more adventuresome in ways I cannot adequately describe. One artist made monoprints, another collages, another mixed media with wrapped tape around tiny frames with dolls inside. You'd have to see them. As always the ideas seemed endless and the company even more than fine. 

Denver, 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment