Monday, July 25, 2016

Denver County Fair Art

Three ATCs by Phillip Hoyle 2016
The theme is arrows. The backgrounds I used were cut from the paper
that covered the tables at our ATC booth at the county fair 2015.

This week I will go to the Denver County Fair. It runs from Friday through Sunday at the National Western Stock Show Education building. I've entered several things into the very affordable art show--two sheets of Artist Trading Cards (a total of 18 ATCs) and a small mixed media piece, the one of the Wild Flowers I posted in this blog several weeks ago. My main motive to go to the fair, though, is to help with the interactive display related to ATCs, a booth with tables, supplies, and the free entertainment of getting folks--adults, teens, and children--to learn about and to make cards. We also tell them about a number of swaps they might be interested to join. They can stay as long as they want and make as many cards as pleases them. It's all free and fun.

I also like hanging out with artist friends. One day I go to the fair just to see all the sights and activities with a friend, an annual event of ours. 

ATC "Arrows" by Phillip Hoyle 2016

If you go to the fair, join us. 

Long live art and friendship.





Denver 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment