Thursday, August 4, 2016

Artist Trading Cards Some Gems


Artist Trading Cards by Phillip Hoyle 2016
I got an Honorable Mention for some of my ATCs at The Denver County Fair last weekend. Getting a ribbon was a first for me in a visual arts competition. I suspect it will keep me focused on the tiny art approach in the year to come. But my interest goes far beyond winning any kind of award. For me the rewards of ATCs has mostly to do with the good friendship I have been enjoying among artists I trade with and make cards alongside. 

I especially liked the judge's comments on the panel of nine ATCs that won the prize. According the the evaluation my sheet included several "little gems." The judge didn't indicate which ones, so in this post I'm showing the cards I judge to be my little gems. 

Maybe you could make your own gems and come trade the with me at CORE Gallery (2nd Saturdays at 10:00). Check online for listings of this and several other Denver ATC swaps and workshops. Join in the fun. You could even save your cards--some of the ones you make--and enter them into next year's county fair.

Artist Trading Cards by Phillip Hoyle 2016

Oh, sorry to be so late posting this. Thanks for looking and reading.

Denver, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment