Monday, August 15, 2016

Artist Trading Cards on Wood


Wood related ATC collages, 2016
Monoprints with collage

Although I used no actual wood in the ATCs I prepared for a swap meet last weekend at CORE Gallery, I did use a variety of wood images from a number of magazines, working them into designs that seemed to honor the given topic. I felt pleased with the results--at least most of them. 

On Friday evening I was reminded of the change of hours for the meeting at the gallery and sadly was unable to accommodate the time. I'll save these cards until the next swap and workshop and enjoy whatever "wood" items others have ready to trade. 

I read last week that the first display of ATCs was in an art gallery in Zurich, Switzerland. Three artists made the cards. An invitation went out to other artists to bring their own cards and trade. Thus the display kept changing due to the swaps and a world-wide movement began. The trade at CORE gallery was the first such event in the United States. 


"Wood" theme collages ATCs 2016
Denver, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment