Monday, August 29, 2016

International Artist Trading Cards


ATCs international theme Phillip Hoyle 2016
Last week I didn't make beautiful Artist Trading Cards although some had beautiful colors, others had good design, I liked some, but there were no flowers or peaceful images. "International" took me to maps and a look at the world in terms of borders and the transgression of borders. I traded most of the cards on Thursday so am showing the one no one thought to take plus one more I made since. 

I'm afraid my take on "International" is worried over conflict and fear, feelings probably related to it being an election year. At least I am showing emotion! Art needs that.

I enjoyed the ATC swap/make/and swap at the One Man Band Art Studios of Jerry Simpson. As usual the group of fourteen traders and card makers provided great entertainment, food, socializing, and inspiration. Hope you found some interesting art to brighten your life.

Denver, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment