Monday, October 10, 2016

Halloween Artist Trading Cards

Artist Trading Cards by Phillip Hoyle 2016

The people I trade cards with seem to be crazy about Halloween, so much so that both groups I trade with have the same October theme: Halloween or Day of the Dead. Every year!

I knew what to expect but always wonder what I will care to do. I'm not particularly interested in scary things. Perhaps I'm just too nervous for that. Like a couple of other years I decided to make spiders. Looking online for images I thought, among other selections, to click on orange--orange spiders, that is. So I could have Halloween spiders. 

The trade went well. I returned home with only one of my own spiders plus quite a few cards made by others in the group. Ghouls, goblins, jack-o-lanterns, skeletons, and much more. I'm happy for it will help get me in the mood to decorate the front porch and room in preparation for all the little ghouls and goblins that will ring the doorbell on October 31. And when they ring the bell, a hairy grey spider will drop from its perch to startle them.

More spiders by Phillip Hoyle 2016

Happy Halloween. You have only three weeks to get ready for tricks or treats.

Denver, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment