Monday, February 8, 2016

On Vacation

Lichens on Missouri Tree. I took this photo last year
later in the season, well into spring. This past weekend I
walked by this same tree with my son on the way to move
cattle from one pasture to another. Of course there were
no leaves. Still the lichens were beautiful.
Photo by Phillip Hoyle, 2015
My intention for today's blog that is already nearly a day late was to post something about writing. I've failed to do so because I have done so little writing on my vacation as to seem pitiful. Actually I was surprised by my lack of writing or even feeling like doing so. My only satisfying explanation is that I am on vacation--a trip that ends soon. When I get back to my regular habitat I hope to resume my regular habits of writing and doing art work daily.

I am fairly certain I will get back to work quickly, and when I return to this part of Missouri in a few weeks, I'll begin drawing springtime flowers and plants and surely write about the experience. The mild weather we had last week has been replaced by true winter. I'm ready to return to Denver.

Mid-Missouri, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment