Monday, February 22, 2016

What Art to Do?


 I must still be in trip recovery mode because outside of beginning a group of Artist Trading Cards, I've accomplished almost nothing in my studio in nearly two weeks. I have projected some projects but have made little progress. One of my objectives it to keep an Artist's Journal of flora and this week decided how to approach it. 

In summer 2009 I took many pictures of the plants in our yard, plants Jim had taken care of; I got to enjoy them. I kept a photographic record but an unkempt record. This year I will make a purposeful photographic record and will draw the same plants over and over at different stages of their development. 



You get the picture, so to speak, from several photos of the ostrich ferns that always make the yard look good. Before long I'll show my drawings and mixed media pieces that I will be making in my Flora Art Journal 2016.

Denver, 2016






And of course there are always attendant birds in the garden

No comments:

Post a Comment